Colorado Adventure Guides’ avalanche safety courses are a great tool to educate yourself for safe recreation in the winter backcountry.
2024 AIARE Level 1 avalanche training courses
- January 12-14 – WP Resort (lift assisted!)
- January 29-31 – at Broome Hut (FILLING FAST)
- February 2-4 – WP Resort (lift assisted!)
- March 1-3 – WP Resort (lift assisted!)
- March 4-6 weekdays – Broome Hut
- March 8-10 – Broome Hut
- (January 29 – possible AIARE Avalanche Rescue course at WP. Rescue courses follow on AIARE Level 1 to keep skills and equipment up to date.)
Grand Nordic members will receive a discount off Colorado Adventure Guides’ avalanche safety courses by phoning them at 970.893.8007 or emailing them at [email protected] and mentioning that they are Grand Nordic members. To do one of the Resort-based classes, members will need a WP Resort lift pass, either two days of tickets or a season pass. As an Ortovox Safety partner, they provide beacon, shovel, probe, and backpack if needed, free of charge for the classes.